January 3, 2015

Baked Avocados

January 3, 2015
1Avocado2Avocado
Looking for a new way to serve avocados? Stuff and bake them. It’s also an excellent way to get rid of leftovers while cleaning the refrigerator and pantry!
6Avocado
For the stuffing, use your favorite ingredients. I made mine from paneer, cooked black beans, roasted pine nuts, sundried tomatoes, fried eggplant cubes, basil, cayenne pepper, black pepper, hing powder, kala namak powder and Himalayan salt. Then my little helper, Heikki (age 8), grated parmesan-type hard cheese suitable for vegetarians on the top, and I baked the avocados in 220 C (428 F) until the cheese melted and looked nice.
5Avocado4Avocado
Although he was eager to assist in the kitchen, it turned out Heikki disliked avocados. When the table was set, he announced he would prefer his own snacks instead! While we ate, I learnt *all* about football.
Thank you.





9 comments :

  1. I need this in my life STAT! This is such a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful idea. Every so scrumptious.

    Best wishes for the New Year!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I would never have thought of baked avocados. Thanks for the idea, and all my best best wishes for you for 2015 !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second that. What a cool idea!. Wish you a fantastic new year Lakshmi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We can't get enough of avocados in our nest. I never thought to bake them. Happy Nesting,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the football world and what an Amazing Dish to have while watching TV. You are the best....I can see this on my plate...thank you and Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh,,these look so so good.Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will eat the avocado on its own quite happily...but stuffing it is also a good idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whether someone likes spicy or mild flavors, there are micro greens to match their tastes

    ReplyDelete